Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread


One of the blessings I mentioned in my last blog about smiles from above is my mother-in-law.  Over the years Mary has become a role model, a guide, a baking coach and a best friend.  I respect her opinion and know that she selflessly shares of herself when others are in need.  She and I share the same taste in many things, and complement each other where we differ.  Though we sometimes disagree spiritedly, we always make it to the other side of any issue and are stronger for it.  I have seen her cry when hurt by a friend, a loss, feeling insignificant and worst of all from the words of someone she loves.  She has been there when I have shared similar tears over the years.  She is there to tell me to get over it and she is there to tell me it is okay to feel sad.  She embraces my mistakes and celebrates my successes.  I could never have imagined that God would bless me with such a wonderful woman in my life as my mother-in-law and though she may make me clench my teeth in frustration from time to time, and I her, I am thankful for each and every memory and moment that was and will be shared with her.

"There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!" (Proverbs 31:29)

The recipe below is modified for our new gluten free journey from one of the first that Mary shared with me.  Anyone who has ever tried Mary’s Pumpkin bread raves of its hearty scrumptiousness.  I hope that you find this modified version just as yummy as the kids, myself and even Bob did.


Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread 
Modified from Mary Foreman’s Highly Acclaimed Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes 1 Large Loaf


Combine and Blend Well:
1 ½ Cups of Sugar
½ tsp Nutmeg
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
2 Eggs

To Above Add and Blend Well:

½ Cup Coconut Oil
2/3 Cup Pumpkin
1/3 Cup Water
½ Cup Sweet Sorghum Flour
½ Cup Buckwheat Flour
½ Cup White Rice Flour
1/3 Cup Oat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda

Pour into a greased and floured bread pan and bake at 350 for approximately 45min-60min or when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment