I did not know what to make for dinner today, so today I played Chopped.
My basket ingredients were:
(Yes, I know I went easy on myself. I did want my family to eat the food after all.)
And the results:
Shrimp in a Bacon and Tomato Sauce
- 6-7 Slices of Bacon, diced
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 1 Small Shallot, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 1 28oz Can Crushed or Diced Tomatoes (depending on how chunky you would like the dish)
- Handful of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Handful of Basil, chopped
- 1 TB Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2lbs of uncooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Brown Rice Pasta for serving
- Place diced bacon in a large preheated skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add garlic, celery, shallot and onion once the bacon grease begins to form. Continue until bacon is cooked.
- Add white wine and cook on low/med for about 2min.
- Add tomatoes, crushed peppers and herbs. Simmer together to let flavors marry.
- Place the shrimp in the sauce and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked.
- Serve with pasta or rice and enjoy!