Thursday, February 7, 2013

Shrimp in a Bacon and Tomato Sauce


I did not know what to make for dinner today, so today I played Chopped.  
My basket ingredients were:

Shrimp
Parsley
Canned Tomatoes
Bacon

(Yes, I know I went easy on myself.  I did want my family to eat the food after all.)

And the results:


Shrimp in a Bacon and Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 6-7 Slices of Bacon, diced
  • 6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
  • 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
  • 1 Small Shallot, diced
  • 1 Small Onion, diced
  • ½ Cup White Wine
  • 1 28oz Can Crushed or Diced Tomatoes (depending on how chunky you would like the dish)
  • Handful of Fresh Parsley, chopped
  • Handful of Basil, chopped
  • 1 TB Crushed Red Pepper
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 2lbs of uncooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • Brown Rice Pasta for serving


Directions:
  1. Place diced bacon in a large preheated skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat.  Add garlic, celery, shallot and onion once the bacon grease begins to form.  Continue until bacon is cooked.
  2. Add white wine and cook on low/med for about 2min.
  3. Add tomatoes, crushed peppers and herbs.  Simmer together to let flavors marry.
  4. Place the shrimp in the sauce and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked.
  5. Serve with pasta or rice and enjoy!





1 comment: