Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gluten Free Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


There are days where the selfishness that surrounds me is suffocating.  When it seems as those I count on can do nothing but let me or my family down.  I have lowered my expectations of others, yet am still often hurt by their selfish ways.  However, I am very grateful that my God will never let me down.  He is the rock I can always stand on and He will never leave me standing alone.   And so I move on, letting His good works shine in those moments where selfishness does not flourish and lastly, I bake cookies.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. (1 Corinthians 13:12)


Gluten Free Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are kid tested and loved.  They stay soft and have a hint of coconut yumminess.

Ingredients:
2 Sticks Softened Butter
¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Sorghum Flour
1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
½ Cup Coconut Flour
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
¾ Cup Chopped Walnuts (Optional)

Directions:
Combine butter, sugars and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until smooth.  Add eggs and combine thoroughly.  Add salt, baking soda and sorghum flour and mix until smooth.  Add buckwheat flour and combine completely.   Mix in coconut flour completely and then add chocolate chips and walnuts.  Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheets and cool.  Recipe yields approx 48 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment