Monday, April 22, 2013

Tabbouleh– Gluten Free


I have entered a bit of a recipe rut lately and am often stuck as to what to make for dinner.  This morning I handed my husband, Bob, several of my many cooking magazines and told him, "Pick something, anything and I will make that tonight."  He thoughtfully and diligently flipped through the glossy pages and finally landed on a Greek Mini Meatloaf.  While I actually didn't follow the recipe at all (as I tend to not do lately), I did use that for a theme and made Lamb, Chicken and Feta Meatballs with tzatziki sauce, gluten free tabbouleh, rice pilaf and gluten free quinoa flat bread.  It was scrumptious, the kids and Bob loved it and well worth all the work.  Below is the recipe for the tabbouleh and I will add the meatballs shortly.  Enjoy!



Tabbouleh (Gluten Free)

2 Bunches of Italian Parsley
4 Cloves Garlic
3 Tomatoes
1 Seedless or Seeded Cucumber
2 Green Onions
Several Leaves Fresh Mint
1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
¼ Cup Olive Oil
Juice from 1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Finely chop parsley, garlic, tomatoes, cucumber, mint and green onions.  Combine with quinoa, olive oil and lemon.  Add salt and pepper to taste and combine thoroughly.  Enjoy with your favorite gluten free pita or wrap or just as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment