Arroz con Pollo
From the kitchen of Margarita Serbia (my Mom)
- 1 28oz Can Diced or Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Diced Green Pepper
- 2-6 Cloves Crushed or Minced Garlic
- 1 Diced Onion
- 3-4lbs Chicken Cut Up - Bone In
- Chicken Broth or Water
- 2 C. White Rice
- Green Olives
- Combine tomatoes, green pepper, minced garlic, diced onion, seasonings and chicken in a large stock pot or caldero. Cover and simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally until chicken is thoroughly cooked. (approx 1hr)
- Remove chicken from pot and remove meat from the bone. Return chicken meat to pot and add rice.
- Add enough additional liquid to cook rice (approx 4cups). Add green olives and additional seasonings if needed.
- Stir and then simmer lightly until rice shows on top without stirring.
- Stir from top to bottom and then cover and allow rice to continue to cook until tender, yet firm.
For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Luke 12:23