Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! - Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
2 Sticks Real Butter
¾ Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
¾ Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla (if using imitation, use ½ Tbsp for real vanilla)
2 ½ Cups Unbleached Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
3 Cups chocolate chips
1. Soften butter in microwave so that it is part liquid, part soft solid still.
2. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla together until creamy.
3. Beat in the eggs and continue until mixture is creamy.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt and continue to beat until smooth. At this point you have the base for any number of chip or fruit and nut cookies. Add the chocolate chips and combine thoroughly.
5. Drop tablespoon size dollops onto an ungreased cookie sheet (or use a cookie scooper). Bake at 375 for approx 8-10min, rotating half way through the baking process.
6. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on parchment paper.
7. Instead of chocolate chips you can also add any number of items during step 4. Some ideas are, 2 cups white chocolate chips and ½ cup dried cranberries and ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans , add 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa and 3 cups of peanut butter and chocolate chips, or 2 Cups M&M’s candies. Many options to try, so enjoy!