Friday, March 30, 2012

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. - Proverbs 12:25


On my continued journey of gluten free living, I have started to experiment with baking a bit.  I LOVE to bake and it has become a hobby for the kids and I.  While I haven’t mastered the substitution flours yet, (I have failed more than succeeded) I did research some flourless baking and this is a yummy recipe I found.  This recipe is certainly not sugar free, but free of flour and still delicious.  All three kids and Bob enjoyed the cookies too and I didn’t tell them they were flourless until AFTER they tried one….or two.  =) 





Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Ingredients
  • 1C Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1C Peanut Butter
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • ½ tsp Vanilla
  • 1C Dark Chocolate Chips
  • Granulated sugar


Directions
1. Combine and blend all ingredients excluding chocolate chips and granulated sugar until blended.     
2. Stir in dark chocolate chips until combined.
3. Roll dough into 1 ½ inch balls and lightly toss in granulated sugar to coat.   
4. Place dough balls onto cookie sheet one inch apart.  Using a fork, press down on the dough to create a crossed pattern and flatten the cookies slightly.  


5. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.  Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes then remove to wire racks or parchment paper to cool.    

This recipe makes approximately 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment